Last Updated: January 1, 2023
- Company websites, pages, accounts or channels accessible through any Internet or wireless enabled device, and related offerings, including, but not limited to: Sheahomes.com, Sheaproperties.com, Sheaapartments.com, jfshea.com, and MySheaHome.com(each, a "Website");
- Mobile applications; and
- By phone or in our locations and any other time you engage with us.
By visiting or using the Services in any manner, you acknowledge that you accept the practices and policies outlined in this Agreement. This Policy applies only to our Company and does not apply to others.
You must be 18 or older to use our Services. We do not knowingly collect or solicit Information from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service.
Categories of Personal Information We Collect
We collect the following categories and types of Personal Information. Depending on your interactions with our Company, we may not collect all of this information about you.
- Contact Information: your first and last name, postal address, phone number, prior addresses, applicable license number(s), and email address;
- Other identifying information: IP address, alias, device information, social media handles, computer sign-on data, unique device ID and name, birth date;
- Geolocation data;
- Financial Information: bank account information;
- Demographic Information: age, gender and employment and salary information;
- Internet or other electronic activity: your browsing and click history, email engagement information, web log information, including information about how and when you navigate within our Services;
- Commercial information: properties viewed on our Websites, buying preferences and priorities, and information about your rental history;
Inferences drawn from the categories described above in order to create a profile about you to reflect your preferences, characteristics, behavior and attitude.
Categories of UseWe may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Transactional Purposes: We use your contact information, other identifying information, financial information and commercial information to:
- Register you on our registration page;
- Confirm your registration for an event;
- Respond to any inquiries you may submit through our Services;
- Fulfill your home purchase, design and other related transactions and services if you are purchasing a home from the Company;
- To underwrite your rental application or to fulfill our rental contract with you if you are renting from the Company;
- Otherwise communicate with you about our Services; and
- To enter into a Purchase and Sale Agreement if you are making a purchase with the Company.
- Analytical Purposes: We use your other identifying information, internet activity and browsing history, commercial information, and demographic information to analyze preferences, trends and statistics.
- Marketing and Promotional Purposes: We use your contact information, other identifying information, commercial information, internet or other electronic activity, and inferences to:
- Inform you of our new properties, services and offers;
- Run contests, promotions and sweepstakes;
- To inform you about upcoming communities through our Interest List on our Websites;
- Provide you with advertising; and
- Provide you with other information from and about our Company, including personalized marketing communications.
- Maintenance and Improvement of Services and Websites: We use your contact information, other identifying information, commercial information, and internet activity and browsing history to:
- Provide and maintain our Services; and
- Help us diagnose technical and service problems with our Services.
- Security and Fraud Prevention: We use your contact information, other identifying information, commercial information, financial information, geolocation data, internet activity and browsing history, and inferences to protect the Websites, our company, and others and to prevent fraud, theft and misconduct.
Sources of Personal Information
We Collect Information From You Directly.We collect contact information, financial information, demographic information, commercial information, and other identifying information directly from you.
We Collect Information From You Passively.We also collect Internet or other electronic activity from you passively. Whenever you interact with our Service, we automatically receive and record technical information such as your device, IP address, "cookie" information, the version of your operating system ("OS"), and the page you requested, as further described in our cookies section. When you use the Service on a mobile platform, we may also collect and record your unique device ID (persistent / non-persistent), hardware type, media access control ("MAC") address, international mobile equipment identity ("IMEI"), your device name, and your location (based on your IP address). We may also collect information regarding your activity on the Service (both individually and on an aggregate basis) and your interactions with other users of the Service.
We Collect Information from Third Parties
We collect your contact information, financial information, and internet or other electronic activity from third party advertisers, networks, and service providers who assist us in managing or providing the Service (e.g., payment processors) and who collect some of the information described above. These third parties also help us understand how users interact with our content or offerings. We may also collect demographic information about our users from third parties, to more effectively deliver the Service or content in which we think you would be interested. We also collect contact information, financial information, and inferences from credit bureaus, rental agents, and other third-party verification services. Unless you have been notified otherwise, all information collected through our authorized third-party service providers remains governed by security and confidentiality obligations consistent with this Policy and applicable law.
Some users may choose to connect to our Websites or Services using third-party account credentials (for example, your Facebook login or YouTube account). If you choose to connect your account using a third-party account, you understand some of your Information may be shared with us or the respective third-party platform. Your information may also be subject to separate policies of such third-party platform. You should review those policies before providing consent. Connecting your account to third-party applications or services is optional. You can revoke this permission anytime in your account settings.
We may combine information that you give us with publicly available information and information that we receive from or cross-reference with third parties. We use that combined information to communicate with you directly about our products and events that may be of interest to you, and for other promotional and commercial purposes.
When We Share Information with Third Parties
We share your Personal Information with third parties as listed below and as otherwise described elsewhere in this Policy:
We employ and allow third parties to perform tasks on our behalf such as data management and analytics, marketing, advertising, communication and IT services, construction services and other post-close of escrow services related to new home ownership, financial and criminal background checks and we need to share your Personal Information with them in order for them to provide such products and services. Unless we tell you differently or you consent otherwise, these third parties do not have any right to use your Personal Information beyond what is necessary to assist us in providing such products and services. Any uses of your Information by these third parties will remain governed by security and confidentiality obligations consistent with this Policy and applicable law.
Subject to applicable laws, we may share your Personal Information with companies with whom Company is affiliated or related to (e.g., joint venture partners, owners of projects we manage, Bluestar, Shea Mortgage, etc.), and will require such affiliated or related companies to use the Information solely in accordance with this Policy.
We may share your Personal Information with third party service providers, so that they may contact you to address inquiries that you may have submitted and to provide you with services that you may wish to receive (such as master plan builders, landscape companies, telecommunications providers and solar energy providers to name a few).
We may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer Information is typically one of the business assets that would be transferred. Also, if we (or our assets) are acquired or merged, or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, Personal Information would be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
Aggregated and Anonymized Information
We may share your email address and other personal information, which may be hashed, with Facebook, Google and other third parties. This information will be used for analysis, targeting advertising, and creating custom audiences for marketing purposes.
Sharing by You
Certain Services (e.g. MyTrilogyLife.com) offered are social by their very nature, so your participation in such a Service will allow others to see your name and/or username, profile picture, social profile, and any other content you upload or disclose through that profile.
We share contact information and commercial information with credit bureaus for purposes of credit reporting.
Law Enforcement and Courts
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law or a court order. In certain limited circumstances we may elect, but are not obligated, to collect credit, financial, litigation and criminal history. We may disclose any category of Personal Information and any other information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties if, in our discretion, we believe it is necessary or appropriate in order to respond to legal requests (including court orders and subpoenas), to protect the safety, property, or rights of our company or of any third party, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to comply with the law. In some instances we may exchange information with other companies and organizations for fraud and criminal protection and credit risk reduction.
Some of our Services allow advertisers and their networks to collect and use certain anonymous Personal Information about you (e.g. click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) to provide advertisements of potential interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie, pixel, web beacon or another similar technology to collect this information. As described in the “Aggregated and Anonymized Information” section above, these companies may also serve advertisements to you, using other personal information, such as your email address. Our systems do not recognize "Do Not Track" signals, but several of these third party companies who utilize these cookies, pixels or beacons on our Websites enable you to opt out of this behavioral advertising. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit networkadvertising.org or www.aboutads.info/choices/.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
We use Google Analytics on our Websites to collect usage data, to analyze how users use the Websites and to provide advertisements to you on other websites. For more information about how to opt out of having your information used by Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
You can always opt not to disclose Personal Information or to disable certain tools on your browser or device. However, this may limit your ability to fully utilize the Services.
You may be able to add, update, or delete Personal Information as explained below. When you update Information, however, we may maintain a copy of the unrevised Information in our records.
You can opt in to receive mobile push notifications from the Company. If you change your mind later and no longer want to receive these notifications, you can use your device's settings functionality to turn them off.
If you don't want to receive certain e-mail or other communications from us, you can adjust your email preferences from your account, or opt-out by clicking on the opt out or unsubscribe link provided in the emails.
To remove your email address from those that can be hashed and shared, please email us at email@example.com.
The Security of Your Information
The security of your Information is important to us. We take commercially reasonable security measures, including administrative, technical, and physical safeguards, to protect your Information from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
If you have an account with us, it is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You must prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password and/or other sign-on mechanism appropriately. To help protect your Personal Information, you should not share your account information or password, reuse your password on other sites, or use a password you have used on other sites.
We endeavor to protect the privacy of your account and other Personal Information we hold in our records, but we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
Where Your Personal Information Will Be Held
Please be aware that your Personal Information and communications may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your state, province, or country. If you are located outside of the United States, please be advised that we process and store all information in the United States. The laws in the United States may not be as protective of your privacy as those in your location. By using the Websites or Services, you are agreeing to the collection, use, transfer, and disclosure of your Personal Information and communications will be governed by the applicable laws in the United States.
We do not knowingly collect or maintain information through our Website from those we actually know are under age 18, and no part of our Website is structured to attract anyone under age 18.
Privacy Rights Under Certain State Privacy Laws
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, or Virginia, you may have certain privacy rights under the applicable privacy laws in your state (“State Privacy Laws”). This section generally describes those rights and how you can exercise them with our Company.
Right to Know Information
You can request what Personal Information we have collected about you.
You can request the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you. To submit a request for this information, please click here. You can also call us at (877) 916-4146 to submit your request by phone.
Right to Know Categories of Information
You can also request the following categories of information:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we shared personal information.
To request these categories of information about you, please click here. You can also call us at (877) 916-4146 to submit your request by phone.
For all requests to know described above, you must provide us with your full name, physical address, email address, telephone number and whether you are an existing homeowner or renter. Failure to provide all of the foregoing information will prevent us from processing your request. Further, in order to verify your identity, we will match that information to the information we have in our systems. In order to designate an authorized agent to act on your behalf you must send a signed, written authorization to Shea Properties c/o Shea Consumer Privacy Compliance Group 130 Vantis, Suite 200 Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
Right to Deletion
You can also request that we delete your Personal Information. We may not delete all of your Personal Information if one of the following exceptions applies:
- Transactional: to complete a transaction for which the Personal Information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or perform a contract we have with you;
- Security: to detect data security incidents; preserve the integrity or security of systems; or investigate, report, or prosecute those responsible for any such action;
- Error Correction: to debug or repair any errors;
- Legal: to protect against fraud, harassment, malicious or deceptive activities, or illegal activity or to comply with applicable law or a legal obligation, or exercise rights under the law, such as the right to free speech; to assist another party with any of its obligations under applicable privacy laws, including State Privacy Laws; or
- Internal Use: to use your Personal Information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information (i.e. to improve our Services);
- As otherwise appropriate and permitted by applicable law (including State Privacy Laws)
We will also maintain a record of your requests under State Privacy Laws.
Please note that if we delete your Personal Information, many of our Services will not work the same or at all. For example, your previous opt out requests will not be saved, saved preferences and information will no longer be available.
To submit a request to delete, please click here. You can also call us at (877) 916-4101 to submit your request by phone. You must provide us with full name, physical address, email address, telephone number and whether you are an existing homeowner or renter. Failure to provide all of the foregoing information will prevent us from processing your request. Further, in order to verify your identity, we will match that information to the information we have on our systems. In order to designate an authorized agent to act on your behalf you must send a signed, written authorization to Shea Properties c/o Shea Consumer Privacy Compliance Group 130 Vantis, Suite 200 Aliso Viejo, CA 92656.
Right to Correct
You may also request that we correct certain inaccurate information that we have about you. To submit a request to correct, please click here. You can also call us at (877) 916-4137 to submit your request by phone. You must provide us with full name, physical address, email address, telephone number and whether you are an existing homeowner or renter and state what information you would like corrected. Failure to provide all of the foregoing information will prevent us from processing your request. Further, in order to verify your identity, we will match that information to the information we have on our systems. In order to designate an authorized agent to act on your behalf you must send a signed, written authorization to Shea Properties c/o Shea Consumer Privacy Compliance Group 130 Vantis, Suite 200 Aliso Viejo, CA 92656.
If you wish to make multiple requests under this section, we recommend sending the deletion request last, as we will not be able to fulfill your other requests once we have deleted your Personal Information.
Do Not Sell or Share/Use My Personal Information for Targeted Advertising
Personal Information that We Sell or Share/Use for Targeted Advertising
Under California law, “share” means disclosing your personal information by us to a third party for cross-context behavioral advertising, in exchange for money or anything else of value. Thus, when we use the term “share” under this section, we are using it in the narrow meaning of how it is defined under California law. Other State Privacy Laws do not use the term “share,” but describe the concept as using personal information for targeted advertising.
Under the laws of California and Colorado, “sell” means exchanging your personal information by us with a third party for money or anything else of value. Under Virginia law, “sell” is the exchange of personal information for money only.
We may sell or share/use for targeted advertising the following categories of Personal Information:
- Contact Information;
- Other identifying information;
- Demographic Information;
- Internet or other electronic activity an
- Commercial information
We sell and/or share/use for targeted advertising this information to companies who may contact you to provide services for you such as master plan developers, solar providers, landscape companies, telecommunications providers and other service providers for your home. We do not knowingly sell or share/use for targeted advertising the personal information of minors under the age of 16.
Right to Opt Out of Sale or Sharing/Using Your Personal Information for Targeted Advertising
To opt out of offline selling or sharing, please click here. You can also call us at (877) 916-4121 to submit your request by phone. You must provide us with your full name and email address. full name, physical address, email address, telephone number and whether you are an existing homeowner or renter. Failure to provide all of the foregoing information will prevent us from processing your request. In order to designate an authorized agent to act on your behalf you must send a signed, written authorization to Shea Properties c/o Shea Consumer Privacy Compliance Group 130 Vantis, Suite 200 Aliso Viejo, CA 92656.
We do not “sell” or “share” Sensitive Personal Information (as defined under State Privacy Laws).
Right to Opt out of Profiling
If you are a resident of Colorado or Virginia, you have a right to opt out of any form of automated processing performed on personal information to evaluate, analyze or predict personal aspects related to your economic situation, health, personal preferences, interests, reliability, behavior, location or movements (“Profiling”). To opt out of cookie-based or digital advertising-based Profiling, please follow the instructions detailed above. To opt out of Profiling that is not cookie-based or digital advertising-based, please click here or call (877) 916-4137. You must provide us with your full name, physical address, email address, telephone number and whether you are an existing homeowner or renter and state that you would like to opt out of profiling. Failure to provide all of the foregoing information will prevent us from processing your request. Further, in order to verify your identity, we will match that information to the information we have on our systems. In order to designate an authorized agent to act on your behalf you must send a signed, written authorization to Shea Properties c/o Shea Consumer Privacy Compliance Group 130 Vantis, Suite 200 Aliso Viejo, CA 92656.
Note that we will not be able to opt you out of profiling where one of the following exceptions applies:
- Legal: to comply with applicable laws, rules or regulations; to comply with a civil, criminal, or regulatory inquiry, investigation, subpoena, or summons by governmental authorities; to cooperate with law enforcement; to investigate, exercise, prepare for or defend actual or anticipated legal claims; or to assist another party with any of its obligations under applicable laws;
- Security: to prevent, detect, protect against, or respond to security incidents, identity theft, fraud, harassment, or malicious, deceptive, or illegal activity; preserve the integrity or security of systems; or investigate, report, or prosecute those responsible for any such action;
- Improvement of Services/Internal use: to conduct internal research to improve, repair or develop products, services or technology;
- Transactional: to provide a service specifically requested by you; to complete a transaction with you or to complete a contract we have with you; and
- Public Interest: to protect your vital interests or those of another individual.
Sensitive Personal Information
We do not collect or process Sensitive Personal Information, as defined by California law, for inferring characteristics or use or disclose Sensitive Personal Information for purposes other than those permitted by law.
Right to Appeal
If you are a Virginia or Colorado resident and we were unable to fulfill your request, you may appeal our request by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org within fourteen days of our decision, including “Appeal Request” in the subject line, with a detailed reason for your appeal, as well as your state of residence.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your Rights under State Privacy Laws and we will not deny you goods or services, charge you a different price, or provide you with a lesser quality of services if you exercise any of your rights under State Privacy Laws.
Notice to California Residents/Your California Privacy Rights
You may request that we not share your Personal Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes by sending us an email at email@example.com or mailing your request to:
c/o Shea Consumer Privacy Compliance Group
130 Vantis, Suite 200
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
Supplemental Notice to Nevada Residents/Your Nevada Privacy Rights
If you are a Nevada resident and would like to request to opt out from any sale (per Nev. Rev. Stat. 603A) of your personal information to anyone so that they can license or sell the personal information to others, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please title your email "Nevada Opt Out from Sale" and include your full name and the email address for the account you are contacting us about. Please only include one request per email message.
Notification of Changes
How To Contact Us
Shea Properties c/o Shea Consumer Privacy Compliance Group
130 Vantis, Suite 200
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656